Recognizing the grave nature of the current public health emergency regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Bishop Robert McElroy, after consulting with the Presbyteral (Priests') Council,
has concluded that the following actions must be implemented
in all parishes and schools of the Diocese of San Diego, effective Monday, March 16:
- No public daily or weekend Masses will be held
- All Catholics in the Diocese of San Diego are dispensed from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass during the coming weeks
- All parish and diocesan schools and Religious Education programs will be suspended
- All Lent Penance Services and Saturday afternoon regular confessions are cancelled
- All parish events, classes, and activities are cancelled until further notice
- St. Michael's will offer a video-streamed Mass from our church each Sunday and for all major feasts of Holy Week
- The church will be open daily from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, private prayer, and reflection
- Video-streamed Sunday Masses will be celebrated by priests and bishops of our diocese in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese every week. You may access these videos at www.sdcatholic.org. The Archdiocese of Los Angeles is also live-streaming daily Masses. Visit https://lacatholics.org/emergency/ to access their livestreams.
For an Act of Spiritual Communion while we are unable to attend Mass, click here
To read Bishop McElroy's letter to all parishioners of this Diocese, click here
Please join in praying for the health, safety, and well-being of our community and the world.
L.A. Archbishop Jose Gomez's Prayer for Coronavirus
For Fr. Brent's Messages of Encouragement click here