RETURN TO IN-PERSON MASS
We are very happy to announce that we will soon be able to welcome you back to in-person Mass! Governor Newsom announced on Monday that houses of worship may resume in-person services if specific guidelines are followed. Bishop McElroy has announced a start date of June 8 for the resumption of Daily Mass and June 13 for the resumption of Sunday Masses. We are limited by the State to 100 persons per Mass. We have new temporary Mass times and we have established new protocols to create the safest possible environment for our return to Mass. These guidelines will be posted online in due course. Please continue checking this website for more information as it becomes available.
New Ushers Needed
As we prepare for our return to Mass, we are in need of more volunteers to be Ushers. Young and healthy ushers are particularly sought to assist at Mass. If you are able to volunteer, please contact Head Usher Dan Chadkewicz at (858) 722-9586 or [email protected].
DOWNLOAD OUR NEW
ST. MICHAEL'S APP FREE!
Our new St. Michael's App is ready for you! You may download it for free at the links below. This app is a great resource of information about our parish. It also provides the Mass readings for every day, so that you may follow along at Mass on your mobile device (missalettes have been removed). After downloading the app just search for "St. Michael's Poway, 92064":
A MESSAGE FROM FR. MEL
MASS: ASCENSION OF THE LORD, MAY 24
FR. BRENT'S WEB
MINI BIBLE STUDY
Fr. Brent will post a new "webisode" a few times a week.
Below is the Gospel of John Chp. 1, May 20
For the Online Archive of past Bible Study webisodes, click here
IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE...
If you need any kind of assistance, please contact the Parish Office first and foremost at (858) 487-4755 or [email protected] If you have an emergency (such as Anointing of the Sick), your message will be received 24 hours a day.
Sunday Masses are posted at 5:00 p.m. Saturday evening. For the complete Online Mass Archive, click here
PLEASE BEWARE OF
FALSE E-MAIL SCAM
False e-mails pretending to be from Fr. Mel have been circulated recently requesting money, gift cards, or other donations. Fr. Mel (nor any representative of the parish) does not ever solicit financial donations through e-mail. Please be wary of scams such as these.
SPECIAL DIOCESAN CELEBRATION
The Diocese of San Diego will have a special diocesan celebration of Pentecost this Sunday, May 31. The Diocese invites all faithful to join this Mass via livestream, which celebrates the power and importance of people of all cultures coming together to bring light to the world, especially during its darkest moments. The livestream will be available here.
DRIVE-THRU FOOD PANTRY
St. Michael's has been chosen as a Drive-Thru Food Pantry site, please click here for complete information on how you can get food or how you can help.
ASSISTANCE FOR THE HOMEBOUND
Please remember if you are homebound and in need of basic assistance (grocery or prescription pick-up), please contact the Parish Office at (858) 487-4755 or [email protected]
ST. MICHAEL'S NEW PODCAST
We are excited to announce our new St. Michael's Parish & School Podcast. Listen to homilies. Follow Fr. Brent's Bible Study. Get up-to-date information about St. Michael's School. All available on your phone right now! We are listed on Apple Podcast and Spotify right now under "St. Michael's Parish & School" and will soon be on Google Podcast, iHeartRadio, and AlexaCast. Subscribe, rate, and follow!
RESOURCES DURING THE SHELTER-IN-PLACE
- The church remains open daily from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, private prayer, and reflection
- Video-streamed Sunday Masses and daily Masses are also available on the diocesan website in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese at www.sdcatholic.org
- For an Act of Spiritual Communion while we are unable to attend Mass, click here
Please join in praying for the health, safety, and well-being of our community and the world.
- For L.A. Archbishop Jose Gomez's Prayer for Coronavirus, click here
- For the Coronavirus Pandemic Novena, which you can start at anytime, click here
- The Archdiocese of Los Angeles is live-streaming daily and Sunday Masses at https://lacatholics.org/emergency/
- For the Prayer to St. Luke, patron of doctors, click here
Thank you to all parishioners who are continuing to give! Your contributions continue to support the life and work of our parish, especially during this difficult time.
- TO GIVE ONLINE -- click the link at the top of this page. If you need assistance setting up your Online Giving, please contact Cindy Keane in the Parish Office at [email protected] or leave a message at (858) 487-4755 Ext. 3135.
- TO GIVE USING YOUR ENVELOPE -- You may still give using your regular Sunday giving envelope by either mailing it to the Parish Office by placing it in a postage envelope or by dropping your envelope in the mail slot of the Gift Shop door in the church vestibule during the daily open hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- TO GIVE THROUGH TEXT -- You may now give on your phone via text at (833) 509-0801. Full directions for this option may be viewed here.
VIRTUAL STATIONS OF THE CROSS AT ST. MICHAEL'S
Welcome to St. Michael's Parish!
Our parish is vibrant, loving, and compassionate! I hope you will take some time to review our website and see the many groups, ministries, and organizations found here at St. Michael's Parish.
We believe that Christ is the center of all that we do. Please join us in our common mission to follow Jesus and proclaim his goodness.
TEMPORARY MASS TIMES DURING RE-OPENING PHASE I
WEEKEND MASS -- begins June 13
5:00 p.m. Church & Holy Family Center
8:00 a.m. Church & Holy Family Center
11:00 a.m. Church & Holy Family Center
5:00 p.m. Church & Holy Family Center
DAILY MASS -- begins June 8
Monday to Saturday
8:00 a.m. Church
As members of St. Michael's Parish, we accept the responsibility and challenge of maintaining a welcoming Catholic Community, in which the message of Jesus is alive and proclaimed through our worship, education, and service to others.
We want to meet you!
Stop by the hospitality booth after Mass on the second weekend of every month and introduce yourself. If you need to register as a member of the parish, just print and fill out a registration form and bring it into the Parish Office.